Welcome to my personal blog which has moved from gd.soci.io! For those who don't know me here is a little bit of my history:
After graduation I worked in Industry as a Graphic Designer for a consultancy for 10 years.
I then went to work as In-House Designer at Croydon College where I set up and ran the Practice Studio, connecting students with clients and live jobs while also earning money for the department by completing client work.
I eventually came to realise I liked teaching and completed a PGCE in 2 years (part-time) while also working full-time and freelancing. Followed by an MA Art & Design in Education 6 years later.
I work at Epsom as First year tutor on the Graphic Design Course. In the past I have organised many of the Workshops delivered across all three years; competition and live briefs; conduct Personal Development Portfolio (PDP) tutorials to all year groups; delivered work placement and Design Investigation to 2nd years and taken students on many Studio Visits around London.
I have always been interested in the gap between education and industry, remembering clearly how scared and ‘green’ I was when I first graduated!
I work voluntarily for the Typographic Circle (and have been their Treasurer for too many years now!), putting on talks by Industry for Industry in London; and I also get visiting speakers for Epsom.
I am a Member of the Chartered Society of Designers (MCSD); Member of the Design & Art Directors (D&AD); Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA); Member of the Wynkyn de Worde Society; and, a Friend of St Bride Printing Library.
No comments:
Post a Comment